Monday 9 July 2018

Creamy fishcakes and veggie sauce

It’s great to be back to share another first attempt at a set of recipes I’m not familiar with. Achieving this dish made my week, and remembering it, it makes my hour all over again.

I fell in love with fishcakes at the Bathampton Mill; our blogpost on my visit there would give you some indication of how excited I was about my first taste of fishcake. And I decided to create my own... one which was creamy and smooth and comforting but also lightly spicy and full of flavour. Some ambitions are high and require a lot of research but this surely paid off!

I also hadn’t made potato skins ever... I just felt, hey, I could stop waste by converting it into a crispy topping. Also, the sauce... well, was a combination of my first attempt to actually cook with wine and also not waste the milky fish stock I had left over.

An overall success... and having three other people give me lovely compliments that day, I was simply elated! Super thankful I tried. Super thankful I had the support to try, especially from Ariel and Naa Djama. And super excited and humbled that Yassine, Joana and Ariel enjoyed my first ever fishcake dish. I hope when you do try this recipe, people who get to taste your dish would be happy too.

Enjoy the video 😃



Did you notice my mention of my favourite pepper mix in the video??? Well, for the recipe to this mix  in the video, please click here.

Till we meet again, please keep having wonderful foodie experiences and do let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.


Thanks for watching our Creamy Fishcake and Veggie sauce recipe. If you enjoyed this video and blogpost, please remember to share it with others, like or comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment