Sunday 27 May 2018

Baked Garlic Flour Chips

Hello!

I trust you are well. I am... exhausted from a long day but super happy I can share our latest video with you!

First, I’d like to thank Irene Appiah Kubi for the special request to publish this recipe, and then to Birago for allowing us to ‘christen’ her new oven with this recipe and to my three wonderful cooking assistants who have special mention in our video today 😁.

So my grandma taught me this recipe a little over 15 years ago. At the time she lived with us and was a raw garlic die hard! I hated it! We shared a room and I had had more than enough of the scent of garlic 😫. So you can imagine my intense horror when she informed me she was going to add crushed garlic to the flour chips recipe she was teaching me! I begged and complained so she wouldn’t add it. In her frail 80ish voice and heavy Fante accent she said, “Owww... daabi ooo, ɔbɛyɛ dzɛ. Awo de hwɛ...” freely translated as, “oh... no oooo, it’d be nice. You wait and see...” I remember that defeating moment so well because she was not only right, but absolutely right! And since then, I have never loooked back with garlic, though I still hate it raw 🤦🏾‍♀️

Mama, you taught me well, this one... wish you were here to read this 😁

Now that you know the stories behind this very video, let’s jump straight into it! Have fun, enjoy and I hope you love it!



Thanks again for watching our video! Please do give this recipe a try and let us know what you think 😃!

Till we meet again with another foodie blogpost for you, do remember to keep making your foodie experiences wonderful! 





Thanks for stopping by today to read our post and watch our video. If you enjoyed it or learnt something new, or both 😉, please share this post with others, like or comment. We’d appreciate that.

Warm regards, 

The Ndudu Tales team 




No comments:

Post a Comment