Wednesday 7 August 2019

Inside Out Nkuto Cookies

Hello there! 

Yes, it’s been a while and it’s great to be back! Hope you didn’t miss me here too much? I did πŸ˜… so it’s really awesome having you read here today!

Ever wondered what you could use Shea butter for aside your skin and hair? Well, I recently rediscovered the flair for baking with Shea butter and now excited to share with you my quick and easy Nkuto bake! 

General info

Inside Out Nkuto Cookies - our Foodie Recipe

My Motivation

Where do I start? This is a long one πŸ˜… My mum... my first Nkuto (Shea Butter) bake was made by her, with her willingness to experiment with what most wouldn’t bake with. She made me realise the delightful shortening Shea Butter could produce. πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ‘©‍πŸ‘§, the Ghana Food Network asked the world on Instagram what we use Nkuto for and reminded me I could actually do this again. @vanessa who recently dashed me massive amounts of genuine Nkuto from the Northern parts of Ghana. All this with my craving for a homemade bake, my desire to experiment once again, and my curiosity for pushing machines to give me more than what they’re traditionally known for 😏

My Hack

All that lovely milk which masked the strength of the Nkuto like no other, and in combination with it gave me the taste that could fight with a delicious shortbread any day! 🀩 If Nkuto does not remind you of silky tastes, then try a good Milk-Shea-Butter combo, it may just click πŸ˜ƒ

My Challenge

Dealing with a small turn table. I’ll probably half the portions next time πŸ˜…

My Excitement

I feel like I made shortbread!!! I won’t tell a lie! And to my surprise (I must be completely honest), the taste and texture this recipe gave me makes me realise one thing... I shouldn’t be making these often if I want to fit in my clothes. Delish! And the crunch within... I knew microwaves cooked from within but to produce this magical combination is an experience I’m happy I’ve had. Speaking of which, it was quicker to make with the microwave - enough motivation for me to try more microwave bakes in the future 😍

Serving Size

Approx. serves 6 at 2 cookies per serving 

Overall Cooking Time

25 mins (16mins Prep time; 9mins Cooking time)


The Recipe πŸ˜ƒ



I hope you this video motivates you to try out this recipe! Do let us know what you think of it when you do πŸ˜ƒ 

And till we meet again, do continue to have exciting foodie experiences πŸ˜‹πŸ˜



Thank you for reading our post and watching our video today. If you loved it or simply learnt something new, kindly remember to like, comment or share with others.

Warm regards, 


The Ndudu Tales team 




No comments:

Post a Comment